About HAKUTSURU

History

1743 A lumber dealer named Mr. Jihei Kano begins producing sake
1747 The sake is named "HAKUTSURU"
1869 A direct sales store opens in Yokobori, Osaka
1878 HAKUTSURU is sold in bottles (used for Western liquor) for the first time
1885 "HAKUTSURU" is registered as a brand name
1897 Kano's company is reorganized as a general partnership
1900 Bottles of HAKUTSURU SAKE are exhibited at the World's Fair in Paris with new labels
1901 Large 1-sho bottles (1.8 L) go on sale
1909 Branch is established in Dalian, China
1914 Sub-branch is established in Tsingtao, China
1915 Tokyo branch is established
1918 Kobe branch is established
1927 Company founds Nada Ikueikai, the predecessor to Nada Junior and Senior High Schools
1929 Company provides support to build municipal auditorium in Mikage, Kobe
1934 HAKUTSURU Fine Art Museum opens
1935 Fengtian (Shenyang) branch and Seoul branch are established in China and Korea, respectively
1945 Nearly 90% of sake brewing facilities are destroyed and all assets outside of Japan are lost in WWII
1947 Corporate name is changed to HAKUTSURU SAKE Brewing Co., Ltd.
1952 No. 2 storehouse is completed at company head office, the first ferroconcrete brewery building in Japan
1964 No. 3 brewery building for year-round production is completed at company head office
1976 Support begins for Bellmark educational support movement
1977 Paper containers (HAKUTSURU sake pack) go on sale
Sale of Bordeaux wine imported from France begins
1979 HAKUTSURU "Draft sake" (Namachozo-shu) is sold for first time in sake industry
Corporate Identity (CI) system is introduced
New symbol mark and new slogan are established
1982 Former No. 1 storehouse is renovated into HAKUTSURU Sake Brewery Museum
1984 HAKUTSURU "Maru" brand goes on sale
1985 Sale of mineral water under the name "HAKUTSURU Rokko No Shizen Sui" (HAKUTSURU's Natural Water from Rokko) begins
1987 Sale of wine imported from the Rhine and Mosel regions of Germany begin
1988 Research facilities built at company head office
1991 "Tsuruhime Ginjo" sake goes on sale
1993 "Tanrei Junmai" sake made from natural spring water from Mt. Rokko goes on sale
1995 Brewery museum and wooden buildings are damaged in the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake
New HAKUTSURU Fine Art Museum annex opens
1996 No. 2 storage area (outdoor storage tanks) is built
1997 HAKUTSURU Sake Brewery Museum reopens after being damaged in the Great Hanshin Earthquake
1998 "Maru" brand sake goes on sale in 2L and 3L sizes
1999 Marketing division is established
ISO14001 certification is obtained
"Mini-Glass" series goes on sale
Sale of wine imported from Italy begins
2000 Kobe branch and Okayama business office are merged to create the Chushikoku branch
Name of Omiya branch is changed to Kanshinetsu branch, along with business coverage area
2001 Tokyo Distribution Center opens
Mr. Kenji Kano is appointed as CEO
"Wafujin" sake series goes on sale
2002 Kanshinetsu branch is transferred to the Tokyo branch office
Construction of the new Nagoya branch office building is completed, business opens
2003 Overseas sales division is established
2004 "Rice Beauty Komeno Megumi" cosmetic series goes on sale
2005 HAKUTSURU SAKE of America, Inc. is established in the United States
2006 Cosmetics division is newly established
2007 New variety of rice developed and registered as "HAKUTSURU Nishiki"
Junmai Dai Ginjo "HAKUTSURU Nishiki" premium sake goes on sale
2011 Japanese sake "hakutsuru sake pet" series sale containing a PET bottle
2012 Nadauozaki factory Completion


First label for bottled Sake

HAKUTSURU symbol mark
Corporate Identity (CI)


HAKUTSURU Sake Brewery Museum


HAKUTSURU Fine Art Museum